Thursday, August 11, 2011

Me...a blogger?????

So this is my first post on my new blog.  I never thought I would be a blogger, but my friends have been trying to convince me.  I am a new mom and long-time crafter who has recently quit my job to stay home with my baby girl.  It's been five months of joy with her now and I'm starting to get back into the crafting mood to make things for my sweet baby.

So I have all these ADORABLE pictures of this BEAUTIFUL girl and I need a cute way to display them.  I was cleaning out my craft closet and found an unfinished frame I had bought and stored who knows when.  So I decided to put some materials I already had to good use.  Here is my process.


I painted the frame using a turquoise craft paint and let it dry





Then I went over the paint with a black glaze - you can see the can of glaze in the picture here.




Then I made a bow and glued it and glued a flower I had previously made for a hair clip.





Then to top it all off I added a picture of the cutest little baby in the entire world.  That really made it sing!  I was pretty pleased with the finished product.  I hope you think so too!    

That ended my crafting adventure today.  On to mom adventure...have an abnormally high percentage of poop covered clothes in the baby's basket this time around.  It's Spot Shot to the rescue.  Laundry is calling!










3 comments:

  1. I love it, Erin! You should open an Etsy shop and sell your wares! Sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have your own blog now! Happy crafty mom adventures! Your frame is so cute and most precious with a cute little girlie in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I look forward to seeing more of your crafty items!! :)

    ReplyDelete